Friday, November 5, 2010

Starting A New Book


4:11 AM | ,

This kinda ties in with what Dyann was saying:

There's a certain energy about a new story, and I think this is probably my favorite part of writing. First, the idea takes hold. Then, the plot unfolds (because I'm a plotter.) Then, about a week later, I get to put words down... and for me, there's no better thrill. All that thinking starts to develop. All that imagry comes to life.

For the first time in my life, I'm doing NaNoWriMo, and I put off starting my Templar book until the 1st of November. Add into the fact that this is one of the stories I've been wanting to write since I developed the concept, and the fact that the outline has been done for months, and there was some serious anticipation building!

Now though, I'm fully immersed in the story, and having the time of my life. About six chapters to the end, I will wish I was already done, and then I'll hit the final climax, and won't be able to write fast enough to keep up with the ideas in my head.

It feels good to be writing after a few forced weeks doing nothing but edits, housekeeping stuff, and critiques.

How about all of you? Do you share that special energy when you get to put those first chapters down? Are you NaNoing this year at all?

PS -- everybody glance sideways. Our brilliant silent member, Kimberly, is kicking some rear on NaNo -- go Kimberly!! (So are Dyann and Cathy, but I wanted to give a special shout out, given she's working extra-special hard to find time.)


You Might Also Like :


1 comments:

Alta said...

New book is the reward for finishing the previous one :) It's so fun to see an idea take off and watch where it goes :)

Post a Comment