Thursday, February 10, 2011

Excitement, Excitement!


12:59 AM | ,

well, about four months ago, I swore I was done with contests. I'd entered one with two entries, and out of a total of six judges had one who had anything remotely constructive to say. The rest went hog wild over things like separating dashes with spaces, how many spaces came before/after elipses, and the title of my manuscript. Seriously.


Cathy, fellow Dreamweaver, convinced me to enter one more -- North Texas RWAA's Great Expectations.

So, I polished my newest manuscript, my first romantic suspense, and mailed it off and promptly forgot about it.

Until I got a phone call telling me I'd finaled!

Actually, my mother received the call while I was snowed in on my farm. She phoned me in the middle of my, "Oh my gosh, the tractor cleared 4ft of lane and I need milk!" trip to the grocery store. I recieved the news while browsing hamburger.

Now it's wait and see. The manuscript goes to the final round editor and I am over the top excited about the opportunity. Fingers and toes crossed!

~Claire
www.claireashgrove.com


You Might Also Like :


1 comments:

Alta said...

Yay! So exciting! I loved that book, it was awesome :) Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Post a Comment